Thread: Windows 8 compatibility

Default Windows 8 compatibility

Just a quick note to say Chanalizer 4 does not work in Window 8, however, the Lite version is okay
    Last edited by dwarfer; 02-06-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Hi,

We haven't run into any problems with Chanalyzer 4 in Windows 8. What problem are you experiencing?
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Hi,

We haven't run into any problems with Chanalyzer 4 in Windows 8. What problem are you experiencing?
    I have a brand new Lenovo U410 laptop (out of the box yesterday) running Win 8 Pro. I installed Chanalyzer 4 and my Wi-Spy DBx is not being recognized by the Chanalyzer program. Haven't tried Lite yet.

Aha! My new Lenovo has 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports. The Wi-Spy is not recognized in the USB 3.0 ports (the blue ones). It works like a champ when plugged into the USB 2.0 ports (the black ones).

Quote Originally Posted by skorj View Post
    Aha! My new Lenovo has 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports. The Wi-Spy is not recognized in the USB 3.0 ports (the blue ones). It works like a champ when plugged into the USB 2.0 ports (the black ones).
    Nice, good job! We haven't seen any issues with USB 3.0 before, but I'll keep an eye out for this again! Glad you got it working.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

I tested Wi-Spy DBx and Wi-Spy Mini in USB 3.0 ports on a Windows 7 system with no issues.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows 8 system in my testing lab.
    Old Mod by the Sea