Thread: Unable to View all The Screen after Upgrade to inSSIDer V3

Default Unable to View all The Screen after Upgrade to inSSIDer V3

Hi,

I have just upgraded to inSSIDer version 3 from version 2 and now I can only see the top of the graph window and cannot re-size or scroll around the screen to see the whole of the graphs. Attached a screenshot of all I can see.

Anyone know how to resolve this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inSSIDer Screenshot.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	872  

What is your screen resolution? Read this post by Joel regarding the issue.
    Old Mod by the Sea

I just upgraded as well and have the identical problem. The installation is on my laptop that has a maximum resolution of 1024X600.

See the link in my previous post.
    With your low screen resolution, you'll need to stay with inSSIDer 2 until this issue is resolved.
    Old Mod by the Sea

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by timsonr View Post
    Hi,

I have just upgraded to inSSIDer version 3 from version 2 and now I can only see the top of the graph window and cannot re-size or scroll around the screen to see the whole of the graphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotonTom View Post
    I just upgraded as well and have the identical problem. The installation is on my laptop that has a maximum resolution of 1024X600.
    Unfortunately, inSSIDer does not support 10" netbook screens with a resolution of 1024x600. The minimum supported resolution is 1024x768. This hits me right in the feels, as I'm a netbook enthusiast as well! Sorry about the inconvenience! For now, I'd recommend reverting to inSSIDer 2 on netbooks.

Default Also a problem for 1366x768

This problem with inSSIDer 3 not entirely fitting on the screen also affects 1366x768 resolution. With the app maximized, the bottom part of the band charts are cut off. See the screenshot attached.

I suspect that the problem is a function of the setting of Control Panel > Display > Make it easier to see (I use Medium, 125%.)

I have found a workaround: if the app is not maximized, then Windows will let the top of the app scroll off the top of the display, so you can see the bottom of the window. Which is good, because the bottom of the window contains useful information, unlike the top of the window, which contains much wasted vertical real estate (the window title bar, the menu bar, help stuff.

Suggestions:

1. Give an option to remove (minimize) window components
    2. Give a scaling option for the whole display

Thanks,

Aaron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inssider3.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	881