Thread: Chanalyzer Pro Microsoft Surface

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Chanalyzer Pro Microsoft Surface

Any update on testing of the Surface tablet with Chanalyzer Pro and Wi-Spy ?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by perryt View Post
    Any update on testing of the Surface tablet with Chanalyzer Pro and Wi-Spy ?
    Unfortunately Chanalyzer will not run on the Microsoft Surface. The Surface runs Windows RT, and has an ARM processor, which would mean a complete rewrite of Chanalyzer to get it running. While I haven't had a chance to test it personally, I'll be Chanalyzer would run great on the Surface Pro, since it has Windows 8, and a standard x86 processor.

Hi Joel,

Quick question to the above. Does the Wi-Spy require special USB drivers or is it worth trying to load it on a Surface Pro running full Windows 8?

Wi-Spy does not require special drivers.
    Windows automatically recognizes it as an HID.
    Just plug it in and start Chanalyzer.
    It does not need to be dismounted before disconnecting.
    Old Mod by the Sea

Hello all,

I can confirm that the Surface Pro (full Windows 8) does work with Chanalyzer Pro with no problems

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunt View Post
    Hello all,

I can confirm that the Surface Pro (full Windows 8) does work with Chanalyzer Pro with no problems

Bob
    I'm surprised that Metageek doesn't know if it will work. I had emailed them photos of my Surface Pro running a WiSpy DBx and Chanlyzer Pro shortly after the Surface Pro was released.

I had also requested that they update the interface to make it more "touch friendly" (larger icons), and also update it to the Windows 8 API for touch and DPI scaling.