Thread: Installing inSSIDER for HOME

Default Installing inSSIDER for HOME

Hi,

I have just downloaded and attempted to install inSSIDer for HOME and the installation failed. The resulting error form Event Viewer is:

Product: inSSIDer 3 -- Error 1305. Error reading from file D:\Users\BEAR 06\Downloads\inSSIDer-installer.msi. System error 0. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Any ideas on what caused the error and how I can get the application to install.

Thanks

wifi999

Try downloading a fresh file. The one you have may be corrupted and/or the path may not be accessible.
    Old Mod by the Sea

Thanks for the reply, however, it is not a corrupted file; as I successfully installed the program on another machine without re-downloading the installer.

On the evidence I have access to, I believe, the version I downloaded was 32bit only and not 32/64bit. I only struck the error when I attempted to install the program on a Windows 7 64bit machine, however, the program installed without error on a Vista 32bit machine. Maybe the error could be related to OS, as Windows 7 (via its Compatibility option) reported the installer I downloaded was incompatible with Windows 7 64bit.

However, regardless of the above, I have the program installed and working and providing information on the wireless landscape in my area.

Since my last message have solved the problem with installing the program on my 64bit machine; I moved the install file to another location and problem solved. Yes, I should have paid more attention to what the error message was saying and move the file in the first place.

5. Default

Hi wifi999,

Glad to hear that you got it working! Keep in mind that inSSIDer 3 is fully 32 and 64-bit compatible. We've tested it thoroughly on both platforms to be sure.