Thread: non Wifi-transmitter source appears in my selected channel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default non Wifi-transmitter source appears in my selected channel

I am using InSSIDer Office and WiSpy 2.4 atm and I have an issue with an Engenius Access Point EAP350 in a specific house. No matter what channel I choose, a non Wifi-transmitter appears exactly in my channel, its red and makes wifi traffic almost impossible. The moment I disable the Access Point the interference is gone.

If I use the Access Point in another house there is no interference.

Can somebody help me out here?

I have tried to replicate your issue. All I can see is a small red line near the center of channel 8.
    When I use a WiSpy DBx, the red line is not there. There may be a software/hardware issue. I'll
    alert tech support. The line does not show in Chanalyzer either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WiSpy red line.png 
Views:	252 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WiSpy DBx no red line.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	945  
    Old Mod by the Sea

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JRHofman View Post
    No matter what channel I choose, a non Wifi-transmitter appears exactly in my channel, its red and makes wifi traffic almost impossible.
    Can you post a screenshot of the non-Wi-Fi transmitter?

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    All I can see is a small red line near the center of channel 8.
    That's probably a hardware anomaly.

I am not at location at the moment but I try to visualize it with Photoshop. The interference is very apparent, solid red of colour and rounded shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifi.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	946

Quote Originally Posted by JRHofman View Post
    I am not at location at the moment but I try to visualize it with Photoshop. The interference is very apparent, solid red of colour and rounded shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifi.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	946
    Looks kinda like a standard 802.11b DSSS transmitter to me

The problem with this access point also appears in another house the moment there is datatransfer needed. So, not just when it is connected. Tested with a new access point, bit different model ECB300, and that one did not have red interference altho it turned a bit greenisch. Datatransfer was much better. The EAP350 kind of stalled. My conclusion is it must be broken, agree?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accesspointEAP350.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	949

Its actually the download that stalls as can be seen in a speedtest at www.speedtest.net
    the upload is fine

It looks like inSSIDer Office is interfering with the downloadtest? Without inSSIDer running I now get some good download results, as soon I start inSSIDer it affects the download like stalling...?

Is it possible that analyzing a network with inSSIDer while generating datatraffic is conflicting?

It looks that way, I have been fooled by inSSIDer, what a waste of time and effort
    Last edited by JRHofman; 11-01-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Download speed stalls