Today we released a minor update for inSSIDer Home (also known as inSSIDer 3) which adds Windows XP and netbook support!

If you have an machine running Windows XP, or if you are using a netbook with a 1024x600 screen, you can now install inSSIDer Home. inSSIDer Office is Windows XP and netbook compatible as well.

.NET Framework 4.0 Requirement

If you run into an error that says, "The Application Failed to Initialize Properly", then you probably need to install the .NET 4.0 Framework. You can download it here.

Why can I only see 2.4 GHz?

You may also notice that you can only see 2.4 GHz networks. If that is the case, you probably have a single-band (2.4 GHz-only) wireless card, which is very common on older laptops. Don't worry, not even all modern laptops are getting this right yet.

If your card cites "b/g/n" support, then it is single-band. If it says "a/b/g/n", then it is dual-band, and will enable 5 GHz Wi-Fi scanning in inSSIDer Home.

Grab an inexpensive, dual-band USB wireless adapter on Amazon to enable dual-band scanning.

Download

All of our downloads, including inSSIDer Home and inSSIDer Office, are located on the MetaGeek downloads page.

Sometimes, I get nostalgic about my old ASUS Eee 1005HA. That was an awesome little netbook. Good times, good times...