Thread: Connectivity Issues in an Industrial Setting

Question Connectivity Issues in an Industrial Setting

Iím not an IT guy and I donít have any experience with RF interference Ė however, Iím the guy trying to figure out why our WiFi scanner guns keep losing connectivity. I work in an industrial environment with lots of 480V, electric motors, steel assemblies, and fluorescent lights. I bought this scanner with the hopes I could determine if RF noise was a reason for connectivity issues in the area the guns are used. Iíve attached a WSX file that has a couple scans from different areas. All of these areas are having connectivity issues. Basically, I donít have the know-how or the experience to judge these and Iím struggling to get a starting point to go looking for interferers. Yes, Iím really green when it comes to this - any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2014-06-18 - Floor - Copy.wsx

Hey Mr_Meow,

I've created a report based on my findings, you can check it out here. If you want to learn more, head over to our website and check out our webinars! The Visual Spectrum Analysis webinar is a great place to start.

I hope that helps, thanks!
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek