Thread: Obi Wan we need your help.....choosing a product.

Default Obi Wan we need your help.....choosing a product.

Hello fellow Geeks,

I'm fairly new to this RF analytics stuff. I have a client who keeps complaining about wifi issues. The access points we've installed (meraki MR24) have built in wifi analyzers and I try'd using them. I can spot problem channels and can shuffle them around as needed. I spent some time with customer service and they told me it looks like environmental interference.

What metageek tools can I use to pinpoint the source of the interference? Like can I accomplish finding the source of my RF woes with the Scan + Troubleshoot inSSIDer package? or do I really need to spend 1500 bucks on the Wi-Spy + Chanalyzer 5 set up?

I don't do many big jobs. Most of my jobs are High end apartments in the city and an occasional giant house in the Hamptons.

Thanks for the help and may the force be with you.

I highly recommend the Diagnose Suite (Wi-Spy DBx, Chanalyzer 5, Device Finder) because WiFi is steadily migrating to the 5 GHz band. Wi-Spy 2.4 and Wi-Spy Mini are limited to the 2.4 GHz band.

As a retired networking consultant I firmly believe that one should invest in the tools to stay current.
    Without the tools to handle current and emerging technology, one risks the ability to attract new clients
    and grow their business.
    Old Mod by the Sea

ok I got the Suite. Watched the videos, and I'm kinda lost still. I mean the software is easy to use and understand. The thing is recognizing what to ignore and what to focus in on.