Thread: My new Lenovo yoga 3 pro doesnt connect to 2.4fghz - weird dropouts - please help

Default My new Lenovo yoga 3 pro doesnt connect to 2.4fghz - weird dropouts - SOLVED

24.2.15 - Solved - antenna wifi cable was disconnected, apparently this cable affects the 2.4ghz more than it affects the 5ghz...

Hi,
    Bought myself a new laptop with broadcom ac adapter.
    it can only connect to 5ghz.
    the 2.4 ghz seems to just vanish at times and the laptop doesnt see it (it does exist - we have sevral phones that are connected, older laptop was also just fine)

what i allready tried:
    Drivers - all sorts.
    have changed router - same thing
    tried other hardware on the network - works totally fine on 2.4ghz.

3 things I havent tried:
    fresh 8.1 win install.
    open up laptop and see if the antenna is connected (but the 5ghz signal looks just fine with no dropouts)
    replace antena\adaptor

look at the right side picture to see the connection signal lost on the 2.4ghz - this is just while in the living room...

p.s - I live in the country (nothing else on 2.4ghzexcept from my network - nothing. - and the other devices using it prove it)

sorry for my english, not a native speaker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.4.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	1022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.4.1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	1023
    Last edited by yehudaeldan; 02-24-2015 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Solved

The first place to start is the wi-fi configuration on the new device. Check the config to make sure that the 2.4 GHz band is enabled with the correct connection data, etc.
    Old Mod by the Sea

Default still not working

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    The first place to start is the wi-fi configuration on the new device. Check the config to make sure that the 2.4 GHz band is enabled with the correct connection data, etc.
    Hey,
    the 2.4ghz is on - sometimes i connect but then it just totally losing signal as seen in the screenshots..

any other advice? can this be hardware related?

More likely is that the issue is related to environmental interference.

The first thing I would do is configure the wi-fi to use a single channel instead of 1+5.

Review the environment looking for things that can interfere with the signal such as electric equipment, lighting, walls, furniture, . . .

Verify that the access point and the antenna are optimally positioned. (higher is better)

Please post a wi-spy signal capture.
    Last edited by ua549; 02-19-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    Old Mod by the Sea