Thread: need help identifying interference

Default need help identifying interference

can anyone help me identify what i'm seeing here? is this interference? or am i just mistaken?

if this is interference would you suggest to set my zigbee channel to channel 18 or channel 26?
    current zigbee channel is set to 15 which has one of those spikes right at the channel.

any help is appreciated

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forest 1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forest 2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forest 3.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forest 4.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	1028  
    Last edited by cbqfly; 04-02-2015 at 11:13 PM.

2. Default

Interesting signatures, I'm not sure what they are. If you walk around, do you see their signal strength get any stronger or weaker? Look for a changing color in the waterfall, red means louder, blue means quieter.

my laptop was just left at the address as the their services were intermittent. And thats what i got when i picked it up. Haven'T gone back there yet but i will try the device finder on the first signalture around channel 1 the other signature near channel 11 is just random

4. Default

Device Finder might have a tough time tracking those down, since the duty cycle is so low. Notice that they are blue, that means that they are talking less than 10 percent of the time.

What type of environment is this, and with how many AP's? Home, small business, large business, office environment?