Thread: 2.4 Interference

Default 2.4 Interference

Hi All,

Anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

I am pushed towards PIR, perhaps dual-tech equipment but having difficulties pin-pointing the device(s) responsible. I'm due to return to the property in a week or so so any tips or reccomendations would be much apreciated.

Thanks

Dean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Common room 2.5 Interference.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	1043  

Hey Dean,

Sorry that I didn't see this sooner, probably too late now, but... whoa! I've never seen a signature like that before. Try walking around, and watching the intensity of the color in the waterfall view. If it gets more yellow/red, you know you are closer to it. That might help you figure out what it is. Device Finder mode would probably be helpful here too.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

FYI, this was caused by a "magic eye". It was a device used to connect a tv remote to a tv box (such as a TIVO or SKY box). It used 2.4GHz to send the request to change the channel, and was transmitting continuously. One of my customers has (should now say had) deployed this device throughout multiple sites.

Quote Originally Posted by d.hancock View Post
    FYI, this was caused by a "magic eye". It was a device used to connect a tv remote to a tv box (such as a TIVO or SKY box). It used 2.4GHz to send the request to change the channel, and was transmitting continuously. One of my customers has (should now say had) deployed this device throughout multiple sites.
    Thanks for following up and letting us know what it was!
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek