Thread: Bluetooth and impact

Default Bluetooth and impact

I have just made a interesting recording of BT disturbances, at least I think it is Bluetooth. In my mind the patter match.

Now to my questions:
    There is a gap in the BT Fz usage, between WiFi Channel 8 and 11. When I have seen BT before it has always been over the complete bandwidth. Does this indicate what type of BT it is?

How much will this impact performance on 802.11g as BT is frequency hopping?

As it is a very high signal strength it will probably cause retransmits. I would say it affects the trueput quite much, what do you think?

As it is a quite strong signal, I assume it is BT Class 1. Do you agree?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluetooth1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	271.0 KB 
ID:	1056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluetooth2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	1057
    BR/ Johan
    -= There is no place as 127.0.0.1 =-

Great example of Bluetooth in action! Typically, we don't see Bluetooth because it is such a quiet, low-throughput protocol that generally doesn't noticeably interfere with 802.11.

Quote Originally Posted by LynxX View Post
    There is a gap in the BT Fz usage, between WiFi Channel 8 and 11. When I have seen BT before it has always been over the complete bandwidth. Does this indicate what type of BT it is?
    If I remember correctly, Bluetooth will dynamically work around 802.11 network activity, so you will see gaps like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LynxX View Post
    How much will this impact performance on 802.11g as BT is frequency hopping?
    Because the utilization is less than 20 percent (you could view the exact Duty Cycle in the Interfering Devices tab) I would expect the impact on the 802.11 network to be low to moderate. A slight drop in performance, but not extreme.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek