Thread: many AP and interferer

Default many AP and interferer

Hello everyone, I am here to ask you some questions.
    Iím new in Chanalyzer and WIFI spectrum analysis. I've recorded some date in one small office witch is a part of a bigger building in the center of the city.
    And I saw a big WIFI mess. More over there is something Iíve seen for the first time. The whole area in 2,4 band is on red. Could it be made by so many AP close to the area, or this is something out of band?
    Please share with me Your opinion on this. Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What version of Chanalyzer made the wsx file? I can't open it with my version 5.0.1.33.
    Old Mod by the Sea

Hi I have version 5.8.6.1

I have several different versions of Chanalyzer that I install for a given situation. Sorry for the response delay.

Looking at the trace, it appears that the band is totally saturated with in-band and out-of-band signals. The peaks do not correspond to a channel on the networks table. That said, the signals are relatively weak. Are you having interference issues with your own wifi network?
    Old Mod by the Sea

Thank You for response.
    This is the place where I want to install wireless AP. And got trace to see if there could be any problems with working on WIFI on this area. If I understood You well, as the signals are relatively weak , there is a chance that working in 2,4 GHz could be possible? My first though after seeing the trace was that I should concentrate on 5GHz WIFI to work.

Because it is a new installation I recommend purchasing up to date equipment for the 5 GHz band with 802.11ac capabilities.
    That equipment can also use 802.11n in both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands. I'd reserve the 2.4 GHz for use by older devices that can't use 5 GHz channels.
    Old Mod by the Sea

I have also the same concern. Thanks for this thread.