Thread: Issue with multiple physical APs being grouped with mac ending x

Angry Issue with multiple physical APs being grouped with mac ending x

I understand that you group based on the Mac address ending digit being very close assuming this is the same AP. How do I turn this off?

I have two physical Unifi APs

80:2a:a8:93:bc:54 using channels 6 (ng), 157 (ac)
    80:2a:a8:93:bc:56 using channels 1 (ng), 44 (ac)

They are showing up in the list as 80:2a:a8:93:bc:5x and with only one channel so all of the graphs are wrong.

I don't know of a way around this issue other than using a locally assigned mac address.
    I suggest that you submit a support ticket directly to Metageek.
    Old Mod by the Sea

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    I suggest that you submit a support ticket directly to Metageek.
    Every now and then, we run into a couple of AP's that very similar MAC addresses, which breaks out grouping. If you could open up a support ticket like ua549 suggested, that would be awesome, as we'd like to take a closer look.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Im seeing this same issue with two Ubiquiti Unifi APs (AP-AC-LR). It looks like theyre changing one of the middle nibbles for additional virtual APs within a physical AP (currently just 2.4G and 5G), so I end up with something like XX:XX:XX:DB:XX:XX:18 and XX:XX:XX:DA:XX:XX:18 within a single AP, bit a completely different AP with XX:XX:XX:DB:XX:XX:19 and XX:XX:XX:DA:XX:XX:18. I can work around it in some cases by leaving those APs unnamed and keeping track of the MAC addresses, but some views still incorrectly group them together.

Id prefer to either turn off the grouping all together (since the grouped entries would be on different frequencies for me), or allow for more flexibility in terms of how virtual interfaces are given addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by rccoleman View Post
    Im seeing this same issue with two Ubiquiti Unifi APs (AP-AC-LR).
    Thanks for reporting this, rccoleman! I've forwarded it to our development team. Working with Ubiquiti's MAC incrementing scheme will be a pretty big challenge.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek